Rachel has over a decade of experience in civil litigation and counseling. She is a recent transplant from Chicago, where she was Of Counsel to the law firm of GoodSmith Gregg & Unruh LLP, focusing her practice on disputes involving contracts, business torts, warranties, trade secrets, employment discrimination, and restrictive covenants. Rachel began her career as a litigation associate at Winston & Strawn LLP, where she worked on a wide range of matters, including antitrust litigation, class actions, securities litigation, employment litigation, contract disputes, and white collar crime.
Rachel’s particular area of expertise, and personal passion, is legal writing and research. She has drafted large-scale federal appellate briefs, minor discovery motions, and everything in between. In Chicago, she was an adjunct law professor at Loyola University School of Law, where she taught legal writing, analytical thinking, and research strategies to first-year law students. She has also lectured at Northwestern University’s Kellogg School Management, served as a guest moot court judge at Notre Dame Law School, and volunteered for various educational programs, including the Duke Reader Project and Junior Achievement. Rachel is a member of the Legal Writing Institute and the Association of Academic Support Educators.
Rachel received her Bachelor of Arts from Duke University, and her Juris Doctorate from Notre Dame Law School, where she served on the Executive Board of the Notre Dame Law Review. She is licensed to practice law in Colorado and Illinois.
- Represented a multinational medical technology manufacturer in class action antitrust lawsuit and succeeded in obtaining summary judgment of all claims.
- Successfully defended a major biotech company in arbitration of multi-million dollar intellectual property and contract disputes.
- Successfully vacated a default judgment against foreign clients for lack of personal jurisdiction after argument and submission of multiple briefs to both the Northern District of Illinois and the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Represented leading healthcare company in TRO and preliminary injunction hearings to protect against theft of confidential information.
- Obtained favorable settlement on behalf of intermodal transportation company in a multi-million dollar contract dispute.
- Defended small business owner in employment dispute before Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and obtained favorable settlement.
- Obtained favorable plea deal on behalf of corporate executives charged with various SEC violations, including stock options backdating.
- Defeated former employer’s motion for TRO to prevent its former employee from working at a competitor based upon trade secrets and contract claims.
- Counseled major flooring manufacturer in negotiating separation agreements with numerous executives.
- Represented Fortune 500 banking institution in various commercial foreclosure matters.
- Represented real estate owner in dispute with management company.
- Achieved successful resolution on behalf of major kitchenware products maker in contract dispute before ICC International Court of Arbitration.
- Achieved summary judgment for Fortune 500 pharmaceutical company in age discrimination lawsuit brought by former employee.
- Successfully represented REIT in domestic lease dispute arbitration.
- Provided pro bono representation to client seeking restitution for Eighth Amendment violations by the Illinois Department of Corrections and its private healthcare contractor and obtained favorable settlement.